Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Raspberry Pi 4 Model B

This is my second attempt to install openBSD on RPI4. I write out the UEFI
to sdcard and miniroot.img to usb-ssd drive which takes some 16MB of space.
The rest I create a new fat32 partition. This works -- the boot loader
kicks off the openBSD installer.
The installer after asking for disk partitions, reaches till installing
sets.However,
it doesn't give me option to install bsd or bsd.rd (see attached pic
below).

Not sure if I am messing up the disk partition where openbsd should be
installed. I tried both sd1 and sd1a. But both end up having the same issue.

-S

On Wednesday, September 29, 2021, Stuart Henderson <
stu.lists@spacehopper.org> wrote:
>
> On 2021-09-28, Peter J. Philipp <pjp@delphinusdns.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 28, 2021 at 10:04:25AM -0700, Joseph Olatt wrote:
> >> I tried the following snapshot:
> >>
> >> https://cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/arm64/miniroot70.img
> >>
> >> Build date: 27-Sep-2021 20:10
> >> Size: 45088768
> >>
> >> Didn't have much luck. The install process rebooted after the following
> >> error:
> >>
> >> bwfm0: failed loadfirmware of file brcmfmac43455-sdio.
raspberrypi,4-model-b.bin
> >> panic: do_el0_error
> >
> > What happens when you boot with -c and 'disable bwfm' then exit? Is
that not
> > an option anymore?
>
> I am pretty sure the do_el0_error is unrelated to the loadfirmware()
failing
> (which is just because the firmware for the device isn't installed yet).
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment