Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Re: 6.9/amd64 runaway acpi process on Thinkpad T580

Mike Larkin <mlarkin@nested.page> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 29, 2021 at 08:44:54PM -0400, David Anthony wrote:
> > After enabling "BIOS Thunderbolt Assist", I experience consistent machine
> > slowdown on my T480. Previously, I experienced slowdown after power cycling
> > my machine occasionally. Currently, with this BIOS setting enabled, I
> > experience slowdown consistently.
> >
> > I am sorry but I don't know enough technically as to discern why. I am
> > simply reporting my user experience. I will re-disable the Thunderbolt
> > assist for now.
> >
>
> If someone would build an ACPI_DEBUG kernel and show us what GPE is stuck
> then we can make forward progress (we need an acpidump of that machine
> also).
>
> Otherwise, its like throwing darts in the dark.

Or, someone with a machine which has the problem can give it to Mike,
or a few other developers who understand this problem area.

I'm not joking. Give it. It would be a public service.

No comments:

Post a Comment