Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Re: 6.9/amd64 runaway acpi process on Thinkpad T580

After enabling "BIOS Thunderbolt Assist", I experience consistent
machine slowdown on my T480. Previously, I experienced slowdown after
power cycling my machine occasionally. Currently, with this BIOS setting
enabled, I experience slowdown consistently.

I am sorry but I don't know enough technically as to discern why. I am
simply reporting my user experience. I will re-disable the Thunderbolt
assist for now.

On 9/29/21 2:58 PM, David Anthony wrote:
> Another T480 user who has noticed the same problem. Per advice given,
> I've just enabled "BIOS Thunderbolt Assist". I will report back if I
> notice the problem persists.
>
> On 9/19/21 4:50 AM, Daniel Wilkins wrote:
>> I've ran into this on my T480, it seems most consistently triggered
>> by power
>> cycles caused by running out of battery. The bug's existed for quite
>> a few
>> years (I think I first noticed it in 2019.) If I recall correctly I've
>> posted it to the list a couple of times but I don't think any
>> concrete answers
>> ever emerged; your report is more thorough than mine were though.
>> I do remember that it never happened on my T430, but that's quite the
>> hardware gap.
>>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment