> Am 13.06.2022 um 10:21 schrieb Stuart Henderson <stu.lists@spacehopper.org>:
>
> On 2022-06-13, Mike Fischer <fischer+obsd@lavielle.com> wrote:
>> After solving a recent problem on a VM where the /usr/local was full I was left with a disklabel that had a hole of unused space in it (see below for details). I was wondering if there is a way to compact the partitions, i.e. move the partitions following the deleted one up to fill the hole, potentially leaving corresponding free space at the end.
>>
>> I'd prefer to not have to use dd(1) on the raw device to move the data? I'd hope for something that is smart enough to adjust the disklabel after moving the bytes. Wishful thinking?
>
> There's no good way to do this. My preference would be to attach a new
> virtual disk, partition either manually or according to current auto
> defaults for the larger disk, dump|restore and run installboot, then
> remove the old virtual disk.
Ok, thanks! I thought I missed something ;-)
>
>> 16 partitions:
>> # size offset fstype [fsize bsize cpg]
>> f: 5056800 8025952 4.2BSD 2048 16384 12960 # /usr
>
> You might find this a little tight too after some updates.
# df -h
Filesystem Size Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
/dev/sd0a 615M 108M 476M 18% /
/dev/sd0k 3.7G 798M 2.7G 22% /home
/dev/sd0d 863M 8.0K 820M 0% /tmp
/dev/sd0f 2.3G 1.7G 555M 76% /usr
/dev/sd0g 648M 299M 317M 48% /usr/X11R6
/dev/sd0l 4.8G 2.2G 2.4G 48% /usr/local
/dev/sd0j 5.2G 2.0K 4.9G 0% /usr/obj
/dev/sd0i 1.4G 968M 402M 71% /usr/src
/dev/sd0e 1.3G 425M 806M 35% /var
#
24% (555M) free seems ok for now, but thanks for the heads-up.
Mike
No comments:
Post a Comment