Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Re: Problems updating math/maxima

On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 07:43:20PM +0100, Stuart Henderson wrote:
> On 2023/05/22 09:11, Jonathan Drews wrote:
> > My system: OpenBSD 7.3 GENERIC.MP#1125 amd64
> > The port: math/maxima
> >
> >
> > and the xmaxima shell script says requires tk8.6:
> >
> > #!/bin/sh
> > # -*- mode: tcl; fill-column: 75; tab-width: 8 -*- \
> > exec /usr/local/bin/wish8.5 "$0" -- "$@"
> >
> > package require Tk 8.6
>
> you have the wrong wish version in the exec line. this is usually fixed
> up by passing the file to ${MODTCL_WISH_ADJ} in some build/configure
> stage. maybe along the lines of
>
> pre-build:
> ${MODTCL_WISH_ADJ} ${WRKSRC}/path/to/file
>

Stuart and others:

I added the following to the end of my Makefile:

pre-build:
${MODTCL_WISH_ADJ} ${WRKSRC}/wish8.6

but I still get this error.:

$ xmaxima

Error in startup script: version conflict for package "Tk": have
8.5.19, need 8.6
while executing
"package require Tk 8.6"
(file "/usr/local/bin/xmaxima" line 5)

If I change line 5 in /usr/local/bin/xmaxima:

#!/bin/sh
# -*- mode: tcl; fill-column: 75; tab-width: 8 -*- \
exec /usr/local/bin/wish8.5 "$0" -- "$@"

package require Tk 8.6
<Snip>

to

exec /usr/local/bin/wish8.6 "$0" -- "$@"

then xmaxoma works. I am at loss as to what I am missing here.

--
Kind regards,
Jonathan

No comments:

Post a Comment