Saturday, December 30, 2023

Re: netcup.eu arm64 (kvm, Ampere Altra), bsd.rd hangup

On 12/28/23 12:30, Michael Hekeler wrote:
>
> I try to install OpenBSD on netcup ARM, too...
>
>> I disabled the pluart driver in the ramdisk kernel (on a other machine with
>> config -e -f /bsd.rd and copied the ramdisk kernel over to the nectup
>> server) and got access the the installation script.
>
> How did you disable pluart driver?
I installed OpenBSD on a Hetzner ARM64 system (CAX11) and modified the
ramdisk with
config -e -f /bsd.rd
disable pluart
quit

The modification should also be possible on any other ARM64 system (e.g.
Raspberry Pi 4).

Then I copied the modified bsd.rd and
https://cdn.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/arm64/BOOTAA64.EFI to the
EFI partition (directly under /boot/efi) on the Netcup server.
After that I started the OpenBSD BOOTAA64.EFI directly from the
TianoCore UEFI.

> Could you provide more info, or share the bsd.rd?
You'll find my modified bsd.rd here: https://download.fusion-zone.net/

No comments:

Post a Comment