Saturday, December 30, 2023

Re: openbsd, 3D or blender?

segiwa <segiwa@protonmail.com> wrote:

> so I tried both, even if gimp doesnt requires so much, blender looks like to be running very difficulty, I guess because of 3D requirements or something.

What do you mean exactly? Is there video stuttering when you navigate
around the viewport?

If so, I made a thread on Reddit[1] back in August about this issue.
I think it has something to do with how Blender does vsync by default
on OpenBSD and FreeBSD. Apparently it used to affect Linux, but it
seems to have been resolved there.

The workaround I've been using from the thread is to set
LIBGL_DRI3_DISABLE=1 before launching Blender. I haven't noticed any
real implications with this yet, and thus haven't bothered investigating
the underlying issue any further since.

[1] https://old.reddit.com/r/openbsd/comments/15tt6vk/graphicsblender_extreme_viewport_lag/

No comments:

Post a Comment