Sunday, August 09, 2026

Re: New: sdl12-compat - SDL1 reimplentation layered on top of SDL2

På søndag 9. august 2026 kl. 05:43, skrev Thomas Frohwein <tfrohwein@fastmail.com>: > On Sat, 08 Aug 2026 06:00:03 +0000 > yaydn@protonmail.com wrote: > > > In Makefile there is the line: > > > > MODCMAKE_LDFLAGS = > > > > Is that supposed to be blank? > > That was my bad. Thought I would add something there but didn't need to > and forgot I had started the line. It's inert this way anyway, so > doesn't affect the end product, but I have removed this line for future > versions. > Makes sense, just making sure. > The @conflict marker seems the right thing. It should only block if you > have sdl installed. Was that the case? Since the files collide > otherwise, and sdl12-compat should replace sdl when ready, the > @conflict seemed like the right thing to include. > > Thanks for testing. Good to know that VLC has an issue on your build. > Will give that a try soon to see if that segfault is reproducible. > I concur, the @conflict marker is probably correct. I just couldn't get the package to 'make package' without removing it from PLIST for whatever reason. Thought it was strange and should note it. This was indeed after I uninstalled sdl(1) and dependencies. Back at you, thanks for this update as I think it makes sense in terms of security and probable ease of maintenance. Maybe we'll be lucky and the problem with vlc won't be reproducible, hence an applicable merge into ports as is. I'd prefer it to be bumbling on my part than any actual issue. :D Please let me know how it goes with vlc. PS: Do you intend to hold on sdl2-compat(sdl2 compatibility layer that uses sdl3)[1] until sdl2 no longer gets updates? Assuming sdl12-compat is the path OpenBSD goes with for sdl1 going forward. [1] https://archlinux.org/packages/extra/x86_64/sdl2-compat/

No comments:

Post a Comment