Sunday, August 09, 2026

Re: New ZoneMinder Port

On 2026/08/09 18:08, vansid wrote: > On Sun, Aug 9, 2026 at 4:42 PM Lydia Sobot <chilledfrogs@disroot.org> wrote: > > >how to build/test a port *without* root access, and > > Is something unclear about the SUDO directive in mk.conf(5)? > > > > >2) can someone help with the error below? > > Just install the build dependencies beforehand from packages I'd say lol, maybe mark them as automatic > > I found the problem, I had misconfigured /etc/mk.conf and clobbered > some settings that were causing all packages to get dumped in the same > directory. Fixed now. > > As for running the port make processes as a regular user, the SUDO > directive is actually mildly confusing...I thought there is no sudo in > OpenBSD and instead there is doas? I've seen Stuart and some others > mention that one should not build ports as root, but clearly some of > the commands/steps will not work without either elevated permissions > or specific permissions on certain directories. Will using this > directive help in this sense? I'm just not clear on how to avoid > using root privileges (like running some of the make commands with > doas). I recommend setting 'SUDO=sudo -E' and "PORTS_PRIVSEP=Yes" in /etc/mk.conf and configuring so that your user account can run things as _pbuild and _pfetch without prompting, and as root with a password, e.g. like this in sudoers your_user ALL=(_pbuild) NOPASSWD: ALL, (_pfetch) NOPASSWD: ALL your_user ALL=(ALL) SETENV: ALL then go to the dir for an individual port (e.g. cd /usr/ports/math/moo) and as an exception to the normal rule, run "make fix-permissions" as root.

No comments:

Post a Comment