Wednesday, August 12, 2026

Re: Remove sysutils/py-diskcache

Considering how short a time it's been in, I think I'd probably skip the @pkgpath/@conflict, the chances of somebody running into it that can't fix things manually is pretty low. (I don't object to that either though).

Whichever way, ok sthen.

-- 
  Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.


On 12 August 2026 18:51:30 Theo Buehler <tb@theobuehler.org> wrote:

I added this port a few days ago since it was listed as a dep in the
rrdp-tools' pyproject.toml.  It is not actually used by rrdp-tools and
rrdp-tools 0.4.1 (now in ports) dropped the dep in this commit:

https://github.com/ties/rpki-rrdp-tools-py/commit/191ec3eadaf3d39fb34b200350e04f004bbcdfb5

py-diskcache hasn't seen a release in 3 years.

https://pypi.org/project/diskcache/#history

Upstream is also dragging their feet to resolve a (admittedly rather
minor) issue:

https://github.com/grantjenks/python-diskcache/issues/357

So I suggest we get rid of it again (rm -Rf sysutils/py-diskcache noise
omitted).

Index: sysutils/Makefile
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/ports/sysutils/Makefile,v
diff -u -p -r1.796 Makefile
--- sysutils/Makefile 9 Aug 2026 14:42:52 -0000 1.796
+++ sysutils/Makefile 12 Aug 2026 17:21:17 -0000
@@ -335,7 +335,6 @@
      SUBDIR += py-croniter
      SUBDIR += py-daemon
      SUBDIR += py-daemonize
-     SUBDIR += py-diskcache
      SUBDIR += py-distlib
      SUBDIR += py-distro
      SUBDIR += py-dotenv
Index: lang/python/3/Makefile
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/ports/lang/python/3/Makefile,v
diff -u -p -r1.33 Makefile
--- lang/python/3/Makefile 17 Jul 2026 11:52:41 -0000 1.33
+++ lang/python/3/Makefile 12 Aug 2026 17:20:58 -0000
@@ -8,7 +8,7 @@ SHARED_LIBS = python3.14 0.0
 VERSION_SPEC = >=3.14
 PORTROACH = limit:^3\.14
 
-REVISION-main = 0
+REVISION-main = 1
 
 AUTOCONF_VERSION = 2.72
 
Index: lang/python/3/pkg/PLIST-main
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/ports/lang/python/3/pkg/PLIST-main,v
diff -u -p -r1.24 PLIST-main
--- lang/python/3/pkg/PLIST-main 19 Jun 2026 00:02:29 -0000 1.24
+++ lang/python/3/pkg/PLIST-main 12 Aug 2026 17:20:58 -0000
@@ -13,10 +13,12 @@
 @conflict hotdoc-*
 @conflict py3-bsddb3-*
 @conflict py3-backports-zstd-*
+@conflict py3-diskcache-*
 @pkgpath devel/glade
 @pkgpath textproc/hotdoc
 @pkgpath databases/py-bsddb3
 @pkgpath archivers/py-backports-zstd
+@pkgpath sysutils/py-diskcache
 bin/pydoc3
 bin/pydoc${VERSION}
 bin/python

No comments:

Post a Comment