Wednesday, August 12, 2026

wayland/libinput-openbsd: secondary wsmouse device requires fbtab entry

Dear OpenBSD ports, I've encountered (and resolved) an issue when attempting to use the TrackPoint on my ThinkPad T440p in Sway where using it does not seem to work. After looking at the Sway logs it seemed, other than wsmouse0, none of the other mouse devices were able to be opened, leading me to append wsmouse1 (which is the device the TrackPoint appears as) to allowed devices on ttyC0 in /dev/fbtab. 00:00:01.130 [wlr] [backend/session/session.c:331] Failed to open device: '/dev/wsmouse1': Permission denied This also means that external mice which take on wsmouse2 or other, may not work by default either. Because I didn't see any documentation or README on the libinput package, I wanted to know which approach should be taken to let the user know of this quirk and where a change could belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment