On Fri, Sep 04 2026, Nemin wrote: > Hi Timo, > > Thanks for your work. It's nice to see the update come to OBSD so soon > after its release! I was eager to try 6.0 out, but it seems one of the > patches causes an issue on my machine. > > I'm running the newest 8.0 snapshot (4th of September). I made attempts > with both the 7.9 ports tree and the newest snapshot's. Went to > /usr/ports, piped your revised patchfile into `patch` and it applied > most of them, until it got stuck here: > > Patching file lang/chicken/core/patches/patch-Makefile_bsd using Plan A... > Hunk #1 succeeded at 1 with fuzz 2. > Hmm... The next patch looks like a unified diff to me... > The text leading up to this was: > -------------------------- > | LINKER_LINK_SHARED_PROGRAM_OPTIONS = -Wl,-rpath="$(RUNTIME_LINKER_PATH)" > -------------------------- > File to patch: > > At this point I was able to go one step further by entering > lang/chicken/core/patches/patch-Makefile_bsd into the prompt, but then > it died with the following: > > Patching file lang/chicken/core/patches/patch-Makefile_bsd using Plan A... > patch: **** malformed patch at line 67: - USES_SONAME = yes > > The patcher seems to be confused by operating on another > patchfile. However, once I removed this one patch, the rest applied > without manual intervention. > > Here's what I removed (sorry for not using unified diff here, I feel > it'd just cause the same problem, but on your end): > > 57,81d56 > < blob - b99132d32292378fe5548beb287706edc89d9cd6 > < file + lang/chicken/core/patches/patch-Makefile_bsd > < --- lang/chicken/core/patches/patch-Makefile_bsd > < +++ lang/chicken/core/patches/patch-Makefile_bsd > < @@ -1,7 +1,7 @@ > < Index: Makefile.bsd > < --- Makefile.bsd.orig > < +++ Makefile.bsd > < -@@ -48,7 +48,7 @@ endif > < +@@ -48,10 +48,9 @@ endif > < LINKER_LINK_SHARED_LIBRARY_OPTIONS = -shared > < LINKER_LINK_SHARED_DLOADABLE_OPTIONS = -shared -Wl,-rpath="$(RUNTIME_LINKER_PATH)" \ > < -Wl,-L. > < LINKER_LINK_SHARED_PROGRAM_OPTIONS = -Wl,-rpath="$(RUNTIME_LINKER_PATH)" > < @@ -9,4 +9,7 @@ Index: Makefile.bsd > < +LIBCHICKEN_SO_LINKER_OPTIONS = \ > < -Wl,-soname,lib$(PROGRAM_PREFIX)chicken$(PROGRAM_SUFFIX).so.$(LIBchicken_VERSION) > < LIBRARIES = -lm -lpthread > < NEEDS_RELINKING = yes > < - USES_SONAME = yes > < +-USES_SONAME = yes > < + > < + # special files > < + > < commit - 37c55a1ade7dcb3ed956cedadab2b7a71ea85742 > > I then manually added the "-" before USES_SONAME into the > patch-Makefile_bsd patchfile, then issued `make`, which proceeded > without issue. Post build, I ran `make install`, which also succeeded. > > After that, I was able to launch chicken-csi, install stuff with > chicken-install, and compile a test file with chicken-csc. So your > update seems correct, but (unless I'm doing something capitally wrong) > the patch is a little off. > > I hope this helps and thanks again! > > Best, > Nemin Well, two independent failure reports seem to indicate something wrong on my side. I'm guessing my work tree is not up-to-date or something. I'll look into this. Thanks for testing, Timo
No comments:
Post a Comment