I think it would be better to set it all the time, like MODSIMPLE_configure does in bsd.port.mk.
--
Sent from a phone, apologies for poor formatting.
On 4 September 2026 18:56:52 Klemens Nanni <kn@openbsd.org> wrote:
graphics/py-matplotlib with MODPY_PYBUILD=mesonpy via
/usr/local/lib/python3.14/site-packages/mesonbuild/envconfig.py: return ExternalProgram('sccache', silent=True)
detects /usr/local/bin/sccache and uses that over default "c++",leading to build failure with PORTS_PRIVSEP=yes:
sccache: error: failed to create directory `/py-matplotlib-3.10.8_writes_to_HOME/.cache/sccache/preprocessor`: Permission denied (os error 13)
Environmental CXX takes priority, but is not set compared to CC,which is how I tracked this down not knowing anything about howPython builds C++ code.
Setting CXX where CC comes from fixes it and seems safe.
tb@ mentioned COMPILER_LANGS, but I don't fully understand theimplications of having CXX in the environment for Python portsdoing COMPILER_LANGS=C (if they exist), so I just gated it.
This fixes matplotlib for me when sccache is installed.
Feedback? OK?
Index: python.port.mk===================================================================RCS file: /cvs/ports/lang/python/3/python.port.mk,vdiff -u -p -r1.28 python.port.mk--- python.port.mk 19 Jun 2026 13:49:04 -0000 1.28+++ python.port.mk 4 Sep 2026 16:56:30 -0000@@ -224,6 +224,9 @@ MODPY_DISTUTILS_INSTALL ?= install --pre--root=${DESTDIR}MAKE_ENV += CC=${CC}+.if ${COMPILER_LANGS:Mc++}+MAKE_ENV += CXX=${CXX}+.endifCONFIGURE_ENV += PYTHON="${MODPY_BIN}".if ${CONFIGURE_STYLE:Mgnu}CONFIGURE_ENV += ac_cv_prog_PYTHON="${MODPY_BIN}" \
No comments:
Post a Comment